By Marci Wise
The impact of adopting an “attitude of gratitude” can be profound. Shifting our perceptions from what’s wrong with our lives to what’s right is the first step toward creating a more positive world. This simple action can be amazingly transformational. Here are 5 powerful ways that tapping into our gratitude gets the ball of positive change rolling:
- Take time to smell the roses. When we’re aware of all the great things in our lives, we naturally enjoy our life more. Sometimes, even the most mundane of actions like sipping a steaming, hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning can be one of our happiest indulgences if we’ll just take the time to truly enjoy it. Those simple pleasures are fuel in our tanks, and help us to persevere when times get tough.
- Recognize that contentment is contagious. When we’re aware of our current blessings, we naturally become kinder and more charitable to the people around us. Others are drawn to our new-found positivism, and can’t help but feel the same way! Gratitude begins a domino effect that touches people exponentially, and has the potential to grow into a powerful new wave of thinking.
- Appreciate the good that is everywhere. The world is full of wonderful things if we just choose to see them. People dream, flowers bloom, and our pets adore us. And when all else fails, just remember that as long as hot fudge exists, things really can’t be all that bad.
- Work toward a better future. Practicing gratitude also serves the purpose of keeping us focused on what is, instead of what could have been. Although we must have a vision of what we’d like to achieve down the line, the power moment is this one! Now is the time to begin working toward a better future. Goals are fine, but what can you do today to get one step closer to your vision?
- Reflect on accomplishments. Since we came into the world with nothing, focusing on what’s right in our lives reminds us to reflect on what we’ve already achieved. These are our hard-earned treasures. Acknowledging them shows that we already have a proven pattern of accomplishment and now know from experience that, with the right plan, we can effect positive change!
In a world of six billion people, how can one individual make a difference and begin to create a better world? By simply being grateful for what already is. Just think what each of us can accomplish if we’re appreciating what we have, indulging in the moment, working toward a better future and uplifting others along the way. I can’t think of a better plan for making a “positive impact” than that.READ MORE +